Another side of living a healthy lifestyle is eating clean. It’s not always fun to eat clean, but so many recipes have surfaced to make it a little easier to do it. One of my favorites is buffalo cauliflower!
I grew up with broccoli covered in cheese as my vegetables, and the nights we had cauliflower was no different. I refused to eat it if it wasn’t covered in cheese. When I decided that that wasn’t the best way to live, I had to find different ways to eat cauliflower. So far my favorite is baking it in buffalo sauce.
Today I’m going to share with you my version of buffalo cauliflower bites. I find myself making them whenever I’m in the mood for something hot and healthy!
What you’ll need:
12 oz. bag of frozen cauliflower florets (or 2 cups of fresh cauliflower florets)
1/2 a cup of Frank’s RedHot® Sauce (or any hot sauce you prefer)
4 tbsp melted butter/margarine
1 tbsp garlic powder
A dash of salt and pepper
- If you’re using frozen cauliflower florets, defrost them overnight or in the microwave.
- Preheat the oven to 350º F
- In a medium-sized bowl mix the hot sauce, butter, garlic, salt, and pepper together.
- Put the florets in a quart-sized bag then pour the sauce over them and seal the bag.
- Toss the cauliflower in the sauce (for more absorption, prepare the night before and let them soak in the sauce)
- Spread the cauliflower out on a lined cookie sheet that is sprayed with your choice of cooking spray.
- Place the cauliflower in the oven for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly blackened.
- Turn the oven off and let them cool for a few minutes before devouring them.
I like to dip them in ranch, but I am currently looking for a healthier alternative to that. If you decide to try these out, let me know in the comments or tag me on Instagram (@fitnessandflowers)!